You’re here because trying to juggle your creative business & life has left you feeling burnt out…
You’re a creative, entrepreneurial woman who has lost herself as a result of stress, overwhelm and fatigue.
You feel disconnected from yourself, your creative work and the world around you. You feel like you’re at war with yourself. You’ve lost your sense of joy, passion and aliveness— both in work and life.
You’re exhausted from the stress that running a creative business brings, and it’s taking a toll on your health, your relationships and your work. You feel like your lack of physical, mental or emotional well-being is holding you back from living the life you want and it’s robbing the people you love of the woman you know is hidden under all the stress and exhaustion.
You know you need to take better care of your body, mind and heart in order for you to thrive, but you feel overwhelmed, stuck or confused about where to start or what to do. No matter how much sleep or rest you get, you still wake up feeling tired.
You’re tired of feeling exhausted, stressed and overwhelmed and just want practical, actionable steps to help you feel more energised, joyful and calm doing the work you love.
If any of this sounds like what you’re going through, then I’m so glad you’ve found your way here.
Hey, I’m Musa Francis!
As your Health & Lifestyle Coach, I’m here to help you break through burnout so you can feel happier, healthier and more energised doing the creative work you love.
Did you know that 45% of entrepreneurs struggle with stress, with 28% feeling burnt out?
Did you know that 30% are living with depression and 27% with anxiety?
And that those in creative roles have been found to be four times more likely to commit suicide?
I do the work I do because these stats are my story.
5 years into running my wedding and event stationery design studio, I went through a devastating period of burnout that left me physically, mentally, emotionally and creatively exhausted. I was struggling to string two coherent thoughts together and it felt as though my mind was constantly enveloped in a thick blanket of fog. I’d spend hours sitting at my lightbox in my darkened studio staring at the same illustration without putting ink to paper.
Inspiration, creativity and curiosity had all but packed up and left. Needless to say that at this time, I could no longer take on any client commissions. I resented everything and everyone around me—my business, my craft, my clients, my family, but mostly myself. I wasn’t enjoying this amazing life I’d worked so hard to create. I had lost my passion for the work I loved and felt like a fraud. How could I call myself a creative professional when I’d lost all creative energy?
MY TURNING POINT
I knew I was in serious trouble when my thoughts started taking a darker turn and I’d find myself wishing for my life to end time and time again. I’d been down that dark road of depression and suicidal thinking before and had taken everything I had to heal from it and rebuild my life. As someone who already had an interest in health, nutrition and fitness, I knew what I had to do to feel better, but I just wasn’t doing it consistently. I enlisted the help of a life coach and a health coach to help me get my habits in order and my life back on track.
While working with my coaches, I made some profound discoveries. I’d burnt out chasing perfection in all areas of my life because I felt I wasn’t enough. My journey to burnout had been fuelled by the underlying beliefs, emotional stress and unresolved trauma I was carrying as a survivor of rape and sexual abuse. The unresolved trauma I was carrying meant that my capacity to tolerate even small amounts of stress was reduced. This meant that my body was constantly in stress response and my digestion, ability to create energy and my immune system were not functioning well.
I was also on a popular diet that looked healthy on paper but was not suitable for my unique body and biology. Armed with this knowledge and the help of my coaches, I was able to create new healthy habits that helped me overcome the depression, anxiety and burnout I was experiencing. I was able to release a lot of my trauma, improve my resilience to stress and transform my beliefs about myself. I learnt how to let go of dogma, listen to my body and eat in a way that leaves her feeling nourished, radiantly healthy and balanced.
I attempted to return to my stationery design work but I just didn’t have the same desire for it anymore. I wanted to focus my energy towards helping other creative women to become their happiest, healthiest and most radiant selves. I trained as a Health & Fitness Coach, Meditation Teacher and Emotional Freedom Practitioner. I am now living with more joy, energy, passion, creativity, inner-peace and emotional freedom than I had ever done before in my life.
Through my own journey of recovery from burnout, I’ve come to know essential it is to honour, nurture, and nourish yourself in order to thrive as a creative entrepreneur. I’ve learned how to optimise nutrition, lifestyle, habits and mindset for better health, creativity and productivity and guide others through the same transformative process. It’s now my mission to help creative women to live boldly, love themselves fiercely and care for themselves radically—because every woman deserves to feel her best doing the work she loves.
I live in a small market town in Oxfordshire, England, with my life partner and our two free-spirited sons. I love coaching by phone or video because it gives me the opportunity to work with women from all over the world.
If there’s one thing I want you to know, it’s that even though trying to juggle your creative business and life has left you exhausted, stressed and overwhelmed, it’s possible to do the work you love without burning out. A commitment to practising self-care is how you begin to honour, nurture and nourish yourself, so you can reclaim your physical, mental, emotional and creative energy and thrive.
Learn 5 powerful morning rituals that will help you boost your energy
I’M HERE TO HELP YOU BREAK THROUGH THE BURNOUT CYCLE AND BLOOM!
Through the transformative magic of radical self-care, you have the power to take action and let go of the habits and thought patterns that are keeping you overwhelmed, stressed and depleted. You have the power to reconnect with your body, free your mind and transform your life. You can create the habits that will help you:
- Feel happy, healthy and full of energy.
- Be more creative, focused and productive.
- Align your actions with your desires.
- Feel more empowered in your daily life.
- Balance your moods and emotions.
- Find freedom from depression, stress and anxiety.
- Reclaim your inner-peace and calm.
- Feel more at home in your body.
- Come out of survival mode and thrive.
- Step into your power, strength and true self.
- Cultivate self-awareness, self-compassion, self-acceptance, self-worth and self-love.
9 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME
- I’m introverted, intuitive, highly sensitive and an INFJ personality type. I’ll be the life and soul of the party for a night, then I’ll need 2 weeks of solitude to recharge my energy.
- I love a good story. Epic fantasies are my thing, with J.R.R. Tolkien, George R.R. Martin and Patrick Rothfuss being my favourite authors. I’m also a huge sucker for a paranormal romance, especially those involving vampires. I love the Twilight Saga and watch the entire saga at least 6 times a year. No shame! Listen to the audiobooks first, then go watch the films. It changes everything!
- My idol is my Gogo (maternal grandmother). She’s the most bad-ass woman I know. She’s a shaman and a plant medicine healer. I would have loved to apprentice with her but we live on different continents. I get to do my healing work through coaching!
- My dream home is somewhere near the British coast surrounded by thick woodland with no neighbours within sight. I can give up the coast if there’s a body of water nearby.
- The dark half of the year is my favourite. I love the rain, the changing colours of autumn and watching the earth go into hibernation. I also love the bite of a bright, crisp and frosty winter’s morning.
- I like to live as close to natural as possible. I’m slowly rewilding myself in all areas of life. I prefer to build up my family’s health and wellbeing through food, plants and lifestyle medicine. It’s earth magic!
- I switch between dreadlocks and baldness depending on what is going on in my life. I let my hair lock up when I’m cultivating radical self-acceptance. I shave it all off when I’m in a period of transformation and need to let go of my past self and step into a new state of being.
- I went to university to study Sport & Exercise Science and graduated with a degree in Illustration. I’ve had a deep love for the arts, human physiology and psychology for as long as I can remember and I can’t seem to choose one over the other. The way I have created my coaching practice allows me to do it all. I get to geek out on the science of the human body and mind, and I get to express myself creatively when I create resources for my clients. It’s the best job ever!
- My spirit animal is the lioness. It’s our family totem and I was also born under the sun sign Leo. Deeply passionate, nurturing, warm, courageous, intuitive and fiercely protective. I can be a little intense and a little too serious at times, but I also love to play. My life partner is a Libra and we’re a great match as we balance each other out. Our sons are a Libra and a Leo too!
A note to my fellow Potterheads— I know going through burnout is like living with your very own personal Dementor. Practising radical self-care is like casting a Patronus charm. Think of working with me as having a private Defence Against The Dark Arts tutor. I’ll help you learn how to conjure your very own Patronus in our virtual Room of Requirements so you can break through burnout and bloom!
Accepting myself and moving forward…
“Having a coach who understood, supported, and stretched me was my saving grace. The combination of the program AND a personal coach has enabled me to FINALLY accept future ‘me’ and move forward. I am so grateful for the 90-Day Transformation!”
Radical Self-Care and Holistic Health
Natural and Cyclical Living
Intuition and Body Wisdom
Simplicity and Mindfulness
Creativity and Self-Expression
Feminism and Reproductive Rights
I’m here to help you reconnect with your body, free your mind and transform your life.
I’m here to help you live in greater alignment with your body, your true self, nature and the sacred feminine.
I’m here to help you learn how to honour, nurture and nourish yourself—body, mind, heart and soul.
I’m here to help you tune into your body’s wisdom, your intuition, the wisdom of nature and the wisdom of the sacred feminine.
I’m here to help you heal yourself and reclaim your creative energy.
I’m here to help you express yourself fully and unapologetically.
I’m here to help you ask for what you need and get it.
I’m here to help you step into your power, your strength and your true beauty.
I’m here to help you live boldly, love yourself fiercely and care for yourself radically.
I’m here to help you show up for yourself in a way you’ve never done before, embody your inner goddess and unleash the wild woman within.
Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certified Meditation Teacher & Guide
Certified Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner
Certified Thought Field Therapy Practitioner
Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Life Coach
Certified Transformational Coach
Providing Trauma-Informed Care (workshop)
Ready to start your journey?
The best place to start is to join my free Elevate your Energy email course. Over 5 days, I’ll teach you 5 powerful morning rituals to help you start your day feeling more energised, positive and empowered. You’ll also receive my weekly(ish) Radical Self Care Notes filled with practical and actionable health, fitness, wellness, mindset and lifestyle tips to help you do the work you love without burning out.